background

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

jack's first day of preschool


(he would NOT stand up and hold his sign)


(and then he would not let his sign go!!)

jack had his first day of preschool today!! i knew that it was going to be a very emotional morning for me. i walked jack in to meet his teachers, but when we got in there he was the first one because all the other mom's apparently do carpool. i love the idea of carpool especially when charlie gets here, but i just thought that i needed to walk him in for his first day of school! anyway, the teacher made it known (nicely) to go through carpool from now on. jack grabbed onto my shirt from the ground and said "you staying with me momma?" oh goodness, that broke my heart. i would have loved to stay with him all day long, but i knew that i just needed to pretty much walk away from my crying baby. i used to work at a day care and that was the best for the kids. they like to make their parents feel terrible and then right when they walk away they are fine. it is super hard to walk away from your own kid though!

by the time i had gotten to my car i had tears all in my eyes! i cried almost all the way home. i cried when i got home too...it was just so quiet! i made my grocery list real quick and got out as fast as i could. i spent almost 2 hours at target...that part was super nice because i didn't have to keep up with jack!

i came home, dropped off the groceries, and went to get in the carpool line. i DID NOT want to be late so i got there at 12:30 :) i was the first one in line and when they brought him to me at 1:00 he was so doggone cute! he was holding onto the teacher's hand and had his back pack on and his lunchbox in his other hand. i swear i could have just eaten him up! he smiled and said "hey momma" and then climbed up to his carseat. then his teacher buckled him up and that was it. he told me about his day (somewhat). he told me what he ate for lunch (even though i already knew about it because i packed it for him). when i would ask him a question that he didn't know how to answer or what the answer was he would say "you tell me." i would say "i can't because i wasn't there" and he said "yes you can!" haha! i got him a lightning mcqueen to celebrate his first day of preschool (we lost his other one a while ago).


when we got home we went straight back to his room and read a book. jack was asleep within .5 seconds!! he has been asleep for over 2 hours now and hasn't made a sound!! i am sure he had a blast and i am excited for him to make new friends!

hopefully i can hold myself together on wednesday for his second day of school :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

It is so hard- you cry all you want to :-(
But I'm so glad that he had a great day and that you got some "me" time! Good job to Mama and Jack!