background

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

sahm playtime



one of the things i find hard about being a sahm is not feeling guilty about cleaning instead of playing with my boys. i know that part of my job as a sahm is to be a housekeeper too. i don't know how some moms keep such a clean house. i feel like my house is always a mess! jobs i do just about everyday are the dishes and laundry. if i get those done everyday i feel like i am doing ok :)

i know that jack already gets a little (or a lot) less attention since charlie was born. so when i am not nursing charlie or putting him down for a nap or holding charlie i try my hardest to make time for some sort of activity with jack. maybe it is something as simple as reading a book or snuggling with him to watch a show, but atleast we are together.

i just hope that he doesn't feel left out or neglected...i don't think he does. jack kind of makes me make time for him :) i always say that i can't even go pee with out him!! ha! but really he follows me around this house like my little shadow. you can only imagine how hard it is for me to put charlie down for a nap with a 3 year old who is super loud.


lately he seems to understand that he has to be quiet for charlie. before he runs through the house with his dumptruck he says "can i run super fast or is charlie asleep?" i think that is very kind of him. he also knows to tip toe and whisper when charlie is still asleep when going to the potty.


little things that i do with jack (that we are spending time together) are to let him help me throw the laundry in the washer or dryer, color, helping me clean up the toys, play trains, build blocks, he brings me cars and we let them talk to eachother, etc.


i do let him watch way too much tv. that should really be one of my goals this year. i really want him to just watch a few shows a day. there are days like today where he watched way too much because he has a cold and just doesn't really feel like doing much and i think that is ok, but other days i am going to really try to only let him watch a show during certain times of the day...when we wake up, lunch, after nap, and before bed. i hope i can do it!


i hope i am a good sahm...some days i do better than others i am sure. i love my job and would never trade it for any other job...even on the tantrum after tantrum days :)


about the pictures:
* we made a pirate boat out of our pillows
* we went to i jump
* after i kissed jack he said, "thanks for that kiss ma" so sweet!
* coloring with my boys





No comments: