background

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

my surgery

 i had surgery last wednesday so my parents came to help out with the boys. i was really nervous about having surgery since i have never had one before. my surgery went great...they didn't have to put me all the way under. i had a lumpectomy. i am so thankful that the pathology reports came back benign! 

i am thankful for amazing parents who were able to help and the best husband in the world that helped out so much with the boys! i am also thankful for a mother in law who made a trip over to check on me after surgery and to bring me goodies! i am also thankful for a sunday school group and the mama and me group for praying for the surgery and the results! LOTS to be thankful for!!!

 the recovery from the surgery was better than i thought. i was just really tired the day and night of my surgery. i told johnny a few days later that what hurt the most was where my iv was in my hand...it left a big bruise. my armpit was a little sore, but i really felt great! i didn't pick up my boys for 5 days!! that was hard, but actually kind of nice...it was a vacation from changing diapers!!

 i am glad to get back to somewhat of a normal life...all of my boys have been sick. actually have walking pneumonia. they have been on antibiotics and seem to be doing better. jack isn't coughing as much, but has a fever....maybe it is his body fighting it off (hopefully).

i went to the doctor today to let her follow up after surgery and she said everything looks great! yay!


No comments: