background

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

143 million

i stole this from my friend, sarah's, friend's blog :) did that make sense?? anyway, i don't know her but i feel like i do because i read her blog. i know it sounds weird but plenty of ya'll do it!! so this is what she posted...

There are somewhere between 143 million and 210 million orphans in the world.
(based on a recent UNICEF report)

Because I'm not sure you really grasp how big those numbers are on the first read, here it is again:

143,000,000 - 210,000,000. MULTI-MILLIONS.

Those aren't just numbers. They are children.

There are a multitude of ways that you can help, and I hope to share many with you over the next few weeks and months. But today I am going to share one simple way that you can help change the life of ONE.

It's easy to get overwhelmed by the numbers and to think that if you can't help them all you might as well not do anything because it won't be enough. Let me just tell you now friend that satan would love nothing more than for you to believe that lie.

I'm asking you to do what you can.

And we can ALL do something.

My new friend, Erica, and her family are in the process of adopting a second child from Ethiopia. They are selling some ROCKIN' shirts to raise funds for the adoption.

She will begin pre-sales for the shirts on Monday, but right now she is holding a *GIVEAWAY* on her blog for one of the shirts. Go see the shirts (seriously, they are fab!), enter the giveaway, and then go back on Monday and place your order. I know you are going to want one (or 5). :)

anyway, that's what it said and i hope that you all participate in buying some shirts or entering the giveaway!

2 comments:

sarah may said...

Awesome Tara!!! Thanks so much for reposting this!

Steph said...

Hi Tara! Sarah told me that you posted and I'm so excited! Thanks for spreading the news and also for stopping by my blog. :)

Nice to meet ya.